Soft and irresistibly fluffy basic vanilla sponge cake completely homemade.
Total Time: 30 minutes
- 1 Cup (225 grams) all-purpose flour or maida
- 250 grams butter (unsalted)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 1/2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 250 grams of sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 tsp each: baking soda and baking powder
- Preheat oven to 180°C.
- Grease a cake tin with some butter and dust with some all-purpose flour to avoid cake from sticking.
- Break the eggs in a bowl and add some vanilla extract. Beat well till light and fluffy.
- In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar till fluffy. Now sieve the all-purpose flour, baking soda and baking powder into the creamed mix of butter and sugar. Mix well.
- Add half of the beaten eggs and mix well. Add remaining eggs and mix well.
- Now add the milk and stir just until evenly mixed. Your cake batter is now ready.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin and keep in the preheated oven. Bake 20 minutes on the center rack. Let cool for 15 minutes. Your Vanilla Sponge Cake is ready!
- Demould and cut the cake into wedges or slices.
- Serve with tea or coffee or just as is! It tastes even more delicious the next day.
- If desired, frost with cream cheese frosting or top with coconut butter or your favorite frosting of choice.
Do try this quick and easy Basic Vanilla Sponge Cake recipe at home and don’t forget to share with me pictures on my instagram @styltherapy.